Hello! Welcome to Synology Web Station!
The Web Station service is enabled. You can now create you own website on DiskStation. Please follow steps below to build, and publish your website online.
- Log in to DiskStation Manager, and go to web shared folder and click Privileges button. Assign user privileges for accessing the web shared folder.
> . Select
- (Create web pages, and) Upload your pages to the web shared folder.
- Make sure the homepage of your website is named index.php, index.htm, or index.html.
- Connect to http://servername/ with a web browser to view your website.
To publish your website and make it available for people on the Internet, you need to set your DiskStation to use an external IP address.
- Log in to your Synology DiskStation as admin or users belonging to the administrators group.
- Go to Main Menu > EZ-Internet to launch the wizard which will assist you in setting up Internet access to DiskStation.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup process.
- Choose the network environment you are currently using:
- Directly connect to the Internet: Connect using DSL or cable modem or LAN that does not require username and password.
- Broadband (PPPoE): Connect using a DSL or cable modem that requires username and password given by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Through a router: Connect to a router and set up port forwarding rules.
- Go through settings including firewall, port forwarding and DDNS service depending on your network environment types.
- Confirm settings.
Now, people on the Internet can browse through your website by connecting to http://serverIP/ or http://DDNS_hostname/ with a web browser.